The Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) has continued Services on the Violet Line (Kashmere Gate to Ballabhgarh), Red Line (Rithala to Shaheed Sthal/New Bus Adda), and Green Line (Kirti Nagar/Inderlok to Brigadier Hoshiar Singh/Bahadurgarh) from Thursday.
“The DMRC is running 35 trains on the Red Line, which will make 413 trips during the morning and evening hours on Thursday. Similarly, 40 trains will make 344 trips on the Violet Line and 20 trains will make 268 trips on the Green Line,” Anuj Dayal, executive director (corporate communications), DMRC, said.
If you’re planning to Travel via the Metro, here’s all you need to know :
1) A total of six lines have been made workable since Monday—the Yellow Line (Huda City Center to Samaypur Badli), Blue Line (Dwarka Sector 21 to Vaishali/Noida Electronic City), Pink Line (Majlis Park to Shiv Vihar), along with the Red, Green and Violet lines.
2) You can only travel using a smart card, as tokens have been stopped to control the spread of the infection. The smart card can only be recharged using digital payment methods such as Paytm, Phonepe, debit/credit cards and other online payment methods.
3) Entry and exit from the stations will continue to remain restricted. Passengers can check which gates are open on the Delhi Metro website.
4) Passengers will only be allowed to enter the stations after they are screened thermally and their hands and bags sanitized. Only asymptomatic travelers will be allowed to use the system.
5) On Thursday, the Metro timings will be from 7am to 11am and 4pm to 8pm. From Friday, however, the timings will be increased from 7am to 1pm and 4pm to 10pm.