Google Photos backup: Is your phone storage getting full with pictures and videos, Photographs and videos captured in your phone not just make an occasion or event or trip memorable yet can bring some wonderful flashbacks. In this way, it is heartbreaking when you need to settle on a choice whether or not to keep a few. While changing your phone or creating storage space it becomes very difficult to delete all the lovely pictures and videos. However, to avoid deleting them, you can create a backup courtesy of Google Photos backup. If you use Google Photos and have turned on Backup and Sync, photos and videos you delete will stay in your trash for as long as 60 days before they are deleted forever.
No matter in case you are an android or iPhone or iPad user, you want to install the Google Photos application and take a backup of the all of pictures and video recordings before starting to delete them. In case you are an iPhone or iPad user you can know that up to 1500 things can be deleted from your Google Photo library or your SD card at a time. Therefore, if you want to delete photos and videos and want to later restore it then here is what you need to do.
Step by step instructions to delete photos and videos on Google Photos
- On your Android smartphone or tablet or iPhone or iPad, open the Google Photos application.
- Sign in to your Google Account.
- Tap and hold photos or videos you need to move to trash. You can choose multiple items.
- Then, at that point, tap on Delete.
It can be noted that if you delete a photo or video that is backed up in Google Photos, it will stay in your trash for 60 days.
However, kindly note that if you delete an item without it being backed up, it will remain in your trash for 30 days on android smartphones while on iPhone or iPad it will get erased forever.
Also, if you see a photo or video in Google Photos that you think you erased, it might be on a removable memory card. To delete it, use your device’s gallery app.
To for all time delete a thing from your device:
- On your Android smartphone or tablet or iPhone or iPad, open the Google Photos application and sign in to your Google Account.
- Select the item you need to delete and tap on More choice and afterward Delete from the device.
Step by step instructions to restore photos and video recordings
On the off chance that you have deleted an item and need it back, check your trash to see if it is there.
- Open the Google Photos application. At the base, tap Library and then Trash.
- Touch and hold the photo or video you need to restore.
- At the bottom, tap Restore. The photo or video will be back: In your phone’s gallery app, in your Google Photos library, in any albums, it was in.
In any case, if the thing isn’t found in your trash, it may have been permanently deleted. Also, if a deleted photo or video is not in the trash, you cannot restore it.