Thousands of people are stuck at different parts of the country away from home. They were waiting for one chance to get back. Luckily, the government has finally resumed railway services from 12th of May.
The tickets reservation will be online through IRCTC app or website and bookings at the Railway counter won’t be entertained. This will ensure social distancing.
The bookings of the tickets had already begun on 11th of May from 4 PM. However, the website soon crashed because of of the high number of traffic because of which the booking got suspended.
The services will be resumed soon. Know how to book the tickets online, here:
1) download the IRCTC app from Google Play store or App Store (for Apple users) are simply shop in to IRCTC website.
2) Register to make an account on the website. Enter details like username, password, preferred language, name, date of birth, mobile number, email address, address and more and press the register button.
3) Enter required information of source, destination, journey date, coach and class of coach.
4) Click on find trains and the list of available trains will pop in.
5) Select the train, the coach, the seat, and the fare.Then click on “check availability.”
6) If you find the compatible train, book the ticket.
7) Add your phone number and Captcha Code and click on “Continue booking.”
8) Make the payment through Debit Card/ Credit Card/ UPI/ Net Banking or others.
9) After the payment, download the ticket and you are good to go!
Trains will only run from New Delhi station to 15 destinations which are, Dibrugarh, Agartala, Howrah, Patna, Bilaspur, Ranchi, Bhubaneswar, Secunderabad, Bengaluru, Chennai, Thiruvananthapuram, Madgaon, Mumbai Central, Ahmedabad and Jammu Tawi and fro.
The SOP (Standard Operating Procedure) issued will will allow only asymptomatic people to travel. Thermal checks will be conducted before letting people enter the premises of the railway station.