With Indian Railways gradually resuming its railway services for the workers to go back home from 12th May 2020, it will run 200 special trains covering every state from 1st of June, 2020.
These special trains will be sending citizens stuck at other place to go back to their home place in the lockdown, since many have already opted for walking thousands of kilometres by foot.
The Railway Ministry declared that more than 1.4 lakh passengers will be traveling tomorrow on the 200 strains specially for them. Not only this, about 26 lakh people had booked their railway tickets. Many still failed to get confirmed tickets.
Reservation tickets can be booked on Common Service Centers. But the most convenient way is to book on IRCTC website. Here is how to book your Railway ticket on IRCTC
The advance booking time has increased to 120 days, this Thursday for 30 Rajdhanis and 200 special trains.
Since the crowd noticeably increase, there will be more strictness to safety and sanitation. The passengers will be screened carefully before allowing them to move further in the platform. If a person with a symptom is caught he’ll be sent back without notice.
Here is a list of all the things to not forget while traveling on the train:
1) Travelers must sanitize their hand on the entry and exit points. Sanitizers will be provided, however, it is advisable to carry your own too.
2) Only people with the confirm tickets will be allowed to enter the New Delhi Railway station premises.
3) It is mandatory to wear a face mask.
4) Only asymptomatic passengers will be allowed to travel.
5) Maintaining social distancing is compulsory.
6) Use of Arogya Setu App is also important.