WhatsApp is officially rolling out its chat migration feature for iOS to Android beginning with Samsung smartphones. The iOS to Android chat migration feature was declared at the Galaxy Unpacked event last month and, around then, it was made available just for the new foldable phones disclosed at the event. WhatsApp has now made the chat history transfer available to lots of Samsung smartphones — but with some caveats. With this feature, WhatsApp users can move their account data, profile pictures, chats, group chats, old chars, media, and settings from an iPhone to a Samsung device. WhatsApp takes note that users can’t move their call logs or apparent name.
The texting application published a blogpost to declare the development of the WhatsApp chat history transfer feature. This feature will deal with Samsung smartphones that have version 22.214.171.124 or higher of the Samsung SmartSwitch app and are running on Android 10 or above. The company says that it will expand the feature to other Android smartphones soon.
To use this feature, users should have WhatsApp iOS 126.96.36.199 or higher on their old iPhone device and have WhatsApp Android 188.8.131.52 or higher version on their new Samsung smartphone. WhatsApp users should use a similar phone number as on the old iPhone and the Samsung phone should be new. In case it’s not new, users will have to perform a factory reset on their Samsung phones to begin chat transfer.
Above all, Samsung users will require a USB Type-C Lightning cable for doing this transfer. Cable transfer also means migrated data does not go to cloud storage and WhatsApp cannot see the data you have transferred.
Instructions to move WhatsApp visit from iPhone to Samsung telephone
Follow the simple steps mentioned below to migrate your WhatsApp chat history from an iPhone to a compatible Samsung phone.
- Switch on the Samsung phone and interface it to the old iPhone using a USB Type-C to Lightning cable when the notice shows up.
- Follow the Samsung Smart Switch steps for the setup.
- At the point when the notice shows up, check the QR code that shows up on the new Samsung phone using your iPhone’s camera.
- On the iPhone, tap Start and wait for the process to be completed.
- Keep on setting up the new Samsung phone.
- At the point when you arrive at the home screen, start WhatsApp and sign in with a similar phone number you use on your old iPhone.
- When the notification appears, tap Import, and let the process complete.
- Finish activating your new phone and you will then see your chats. WhatsApp says that the data will remain on the old iPhone until you erase your data or delete the WhatsApp app.